Thursday, April 21, 2011

Kid Competition - Top That

Some parents act as if raising a child is a sport. The child is the "team" and the parent is the "coach". I'm all for training a "team" to win a championship, but a good coach doesn't feel the need to brag to other coaches or one-up. If my daughter walks at 9 months, their child walked right out of the womb. My daughter's first word was "Mama" their child's first word was osmosis. My child can sing "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" theirs can sing "Ave Maria" in C Major. I'm all for encouraging a child to do their best. But I believe their happiness is most important and I want my child to be a child for as long as they can. All I can do is laugh at this. Most of the time little Junior can recite the periodic table, but potty training still hasn't taken at age 6. I'm just saying.

1 comment: